Beneficiaries of 529 college savings accounts may make direct trustee-to-trustee rollovers from a 529 account in their name to their Roth IRA without tax or penalty. This provides an option for 529 accounts that have a balance remaining after the beneficiary's education is complete. The 529 account must have been open for more than 15 years. The rollover can't exceed the aggregate amount contributed to the … [Read More »]
You’ve never met an accounting firm like Meadows Urquhart.
We're more than numbers people -- we're the people who know what it's like to be in your shoes. We spend the time to get to know your business and understand your challenges, because we care about your company's success.
News & Resources
- Tax-Free Rollovers from Qualified Tuition Plans (529 Plans to Roth IRA)
- 2023 Year-End Tax Planning
- Are You Waiting on Your Virginia Refund?
- IRS Announces Immediate Moratorium on ERC Claims
- Now Hiring: Staff Accountant
- Retirement Plans Made Simpler & Easier for Small Employers