Many businesses choose to lease their equipment. The following four criteria can determine if it is a capital lease: Ownership: The ownership of the asset is shifted from the lessor to the lessee by the end of the lease period; or Bargain purchase option: The lessee can buy the asset from the lessor at the end of the lease term for a below-market price; or Lease term: The period of the lease … [Read More »]
You’ve never met an accounting firm like Meadows Urquhart.
We're more than numbers people -- we're the people who know what it's like to be in your shoes. We spend the time to get to know your business and understand your challenges, because we care about your company's success.
News & Resources
- Tax Talk: Criteria for a Capital Lease
- Tax Talk: Guarantee of S Corp Loan Didn’t Create Basis to Claim Loss
- Tax Talk: New Form 8938 to Include Specific Domestic Entities
- Tax Talk: New IRS Compliance Campaigns
- Tax Talk: De Minimis Benefits
- Tax Talk: Tax Relief for Hurricane Matthew Victims