If you are planning to make a relatively substantial contribution to a charity, college, etc., you should consider donating appreciated stock from your investment portfolio instead of cash. Your tax benefits from the donation can be increased and the organization will be just as happy to receive the stock. This tax planning tool is derived from the general rule that the deduction for a donation of property to … [Read More »]
You’ve never met an accounting firm like Meadows Urquhart.
We're more than numbers people -- we're the people who know what it's like to be in your shoes. We spend the time to get to know your business and understand your challenges, because we care about your company's success.
News & Resources
- Year-End Giving Reminder: Special Tax Deduction Allows Most People To Deduct Up To $600 Given To Charity, Even If They Don’t Itemize
- Hiring In A Changing Industry
- Charitable Gifts – Stock or Cash?
- IRS Backlogs Frustrate Taxpayers in 2021
- Sales Tax Holiday & Sales Tax Rate Updates
- Advance Child Tax Credit Payments Starting July 15th