Meadows Urquhart provides high level services to the financial and real estate industries. Our clients include hedge funds and real estate partnerships (developers and investors) with complex tax strategies and reporting. We are looking for an individual experienced in these industries to join our growing practice. View more about what it’s like to work for us here. Specifically, we are looking for a candidate with at least 10 years of experience with issues such as:
- Familiar with various business entity structures and experience selecting most tax efficient structures for given situation
- Experienced with handling the purchase / sale of businesses including review of agreements
- Adept at reading and interpreting partnership operating agreements
- Experienced with tax compliance for hedge funds and private equity
- Experienced in various areas of partnership taxation including maintenance of Section 704(b) capital accounts
- Capable of independently conducting tax research of complex issues and able to document conclusions in memo format (internal and external)
- Awareness of international tax issues including reporting requirements for foreign corporations, partnerships, PFICS, and foreign withholding requirements
- Familiarity with reporting requirements for ECI – Forms 8804/8805
Equity ownership opportunities exist.
Job responsibilities include:
- Conduct tax research and be able to effectively communicate conclusions
- Manage the preparation of complex tax returns
- Train and develop staff
- Assist with standardizing tax processes
- Practice development activities
Comprehensive testing and background checks will be performed on all candidates selected for follow-up.
Signing bonus available to direct hires.
If interested, please apply here.