We are looking for a controller for a client in the automotive industry in Richmond, VA. This individual would work with and report to senior management.
- Would work with management to make sure systems are working properly and improve systems when necessary.
- Lead operations staff to ensure continuous improvement in financial processing (Billing, AR, AP)
- Lead general ledger staff to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Manage, Maintain, and Improve Financial Control environment
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Produce and /or Audit month-end reports, schedules, and financial statement packages
- Produce and /or Audit company balance sheet activity, roll forwards, and account reconciliations
- Full responsibility for handling entire accounting function
- Participate in special projects as necessary
- Strong general accounting skills
- At least 8 years of relevant accounting experience
- CPA or MBA preferred
- BS in Accounting required
- Comfortable working with new accounting systems and implementing new technology
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills